Using Outlook 2003 With Groupwise 7 Server
Okay, well I didn't really find an explicit guide on using Outlook with Groupwise, and I really don't want to use the Groupwise 7 client, so I figured I would put together a quick guide on how to get it up and running here. First and foremost, in my experiences, you must
set a Groupwise password, as Outlook will not authenticate using your eDirectory userID/password.
1. Install Outlook 2003
2. Download/Install the Outlook connector for Groupwise
(registration required to access downloads; The name of the file is gw301olcm.exe
3. Run Outlook, goto Tools --> E-mail Accounts --> Add New
4. Choose Additional Server Types, then Novell Groupwise
5. Specify your server/user information
6. Make sure you have Outlook deliver new e-mail to your Groupwise account (Tools --> E-mail Accounts --> View/Change Existing --> Deliver New E-mail ...
That's pretty much all there is to it. Unfortunately it took a bit of searching and experimenting to gather all this information, but now that it's working, it's ... well, working well I guess. At least I don't have to deal with the Groupwise client anymore! :) Hope this helps someone out there ...
Running as Non-Admin
Ok, well today at work, I loaded up a new computer, and am running as a non-admin. I am still logging in with my domain admin account, however, I removed Domain Admins from the local Administrators group on my PC. I'm installing software simply by using right-click --> Run As. We'll see how it goes, but I'm not too worried about it .. I think I will feel safer, and have a better-running PC since I won't be able to make mistakes as easily. :)